LPG is Liquefied petroleum gas which is a mixture of hydrocarbon gases. LPG is used in motor fuels, refrigeration, cooking, etc. 17.5% Indian households LPG gas as cooking fuel according to 2001 census of India. But the urban people used it as the rural could not afford the prices.
In India, most of the houses are now using 14.2 KG standard LPG cylinder for cooking purpose.
How To Get A New LPG Connection in India ?
To get a new LPG gas connection in India, the person has to go to nearby gas agency dealer of HP Gas or Indane Gas and submit his application along with proper proof. The things necessary to get new LPG connections are proof of residence address. For the approval of the residence proof the following documents have to be submitted are:
- Ration Card/Passport/Voter card as identity proof
- Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill as address proof
- Flat allotment / possession letter (if living on rent)
The applicant also has to submit a security deposit, for 14.2 KG cylinder, it is Rs 1250 + Rs 100 for regulator. For North eastern states, it is Rss 900 for a cylinder.
For small 5 KG cylinder, the security deposit is Rs 350
Your application will most likely get rejected if there is already a connection on your name, as gas agencies avoid giving multiple connections to same person due to shortage of cylinders and huge demand of them.
What are the parts of gas installation
- A cylinder with a self-closing valve.
- A pressure regulator, which is connected to the outlet of the valve.
- A gas stove or a cooking range (appliance).
- Rubber tube connecting the regulator to the appliance.
The parts should be connected by an expert as leakage of gas may cause disasters.
What Are The Safety Measures
1. At night the valve should be shut off.
2. Harsh cleaners should not be used for cleaning.
3. Before cleaning the surface the stove should not be hot.
4. Some food stuffs like Vinegar, sour milk, citrus fruits juices, and tamarind decoctions can damage the finish.
5. Warm soap should be used to clean, followed by water.