The transfer of a Bharat Gas connection is relatively simple and easy. It is just like getting a new Bharat Gas connection and is done within few days.
Documents required to transfer a Bharat gas connection
Not all the below mentioned documents are required but the customer has to show some proof to authenticate that the new address is indeed his address and the he will be the one using the Bharat gas and no one else.
Documents required for address and identification -
- Ration Card,
- Electricity Bill,
- Employer's Certificate,
- Voters Identity Card,
- Flat allotment / possession letter
- Telephone bill,
- Rent Receipt.
Steps to be followed to transfer Bharat Gas connection
- You need to contact the dealer under whom you have taken the Bharat Gas connection.
- Take your subscription voucher and Domestic gas holder card.
- Now you have to give request letter requesting for the transfer of your gas connection to your dealer.
- Dealer will be cross checking your earlier documents and then will be refunding your deposited money.
- You should carry your domestic gas holder card with you for the connection transfer to the new place.
- Along with this the applicant also need to present some details about its new residential premises mainly the address.
- You can even apply for gas transfer connection via online. visit:
All in all for the completion of the entire process it takes 5 to 7 working days.
If the Bharat Gas transfer is in same or nearby city
- The existing dealer would issue a customer transfer advise only on the production of Subscription Voucher. The Customer transfer advise is valid only for three months from the date of issue.
- The subscription voucher with Customer service voucher should ber prouduced to the new distributor. Now you will be a issued a new CTA and your subscription voucher.
- Here you need not submit the equipment cylinder and regulator.
If the Bharat Gas transfer is to any other place then
- You should collect termination voucher from your current location dealer. Now you will be refunded with your initial caution deposit only if you submit subscription voucher.
- Domestic gas holder card can then be used to get the gas connection instantly in the new area from a new distributor.
If you are planning to get the new connection again, you will have to pay the same amount of deposit like before.For more information you can visit Bharat Gas Booking
In order to find out the nearest gas holder of your new area you can log on to : http://www.ebharatgas.com/ebgas/pages/cust_locator.jsp