How to Apply for SBI Student Bank Account
- You can apply for a student bank account online through SBI's website http://www.sbi.co.in
- You can apply for a student bank account by a direct visit to the nearby SBI branch.
How to apply for the SBI student bank account online
- Open the page http://www.sbi.co.in/user.htm?action=viewsection&lang=0&id=0,18,225 and download the bank account opening form
- Take a print out of the form and fill the form will all the valid details.
- Along with a filled form, the person also has to submit a photocopy of college ID proof, two passport size photographs and identity proof like passport, voter id card as well as any address proof (though for college students, address of hostel is sufficient).
- Now you can submit the application form to the nearby SBI branch.
- Your student bank account will be opened within few days of time.
- A welcome kit will be given to you, containing ATM card and a check book. Though the account gets open in matter of days, sometimes the check book and ATM card can take couple of weeks to arrive. It normally ships to the address mentioned in the account form.
Apply for the SBI student bank account through SBI Branches
- If downloading and filling the form is not possible, the person can also get the form directly from nearest SBI Branch.
- As documents, the student has to provide Identity proof, college Id proof and 2 passport size photographs.
- Fill the form and submit it in the bank, students can fill there college room address as temporary address and are required to fill their home address as permanent address.
- A welcome kit will be given to you, containing ATM card and a check book.
How to open a SBI savings account with the help of your college
- If your college is a SBI client then it is very simple to open the student saving account.
- You have to just collect the application form and fill it.
- College will take the responsibility of submitting all other documents.
- Your SBI student account will be activated more quickly here than any other medium.
The rate of interest on SBI saving account is 3.5 % per annum.
Advantages of Student Bank Account
- Minimum balance limit is often Rs 500 or in some cases Zero
- No need for formal address proof
- No need for Pan card (as often needed for big transactions)
Disadvantages of Student Bank Account
- Student Bank accounts are normally get disabled after 4 years or gets upgraded to normal bank account.
Contact details of SBI
Students looking to open their account in SBI can Contact them at 1800 11 22 11 (Toll-free from BSNL/MTNL landlines) or (080) 2659 9990 (other lines) or can also contact SBI through their website http://www.sbi.co.in