This is yet another luxury train from the Indian Railway so as to boost the tourism and hospitality industry in the country. The train is especially meant for the foreign nationals that come to explore the rich cultural heritage of the country. The train goes on for a seven nights and eight days tour in every Sunday from the Safdarjung Railway Station in New Delhi.
After leaving the station at Safdarjung in New Delhi, the train heads for its destinations for eight days. The places that are covered by Royal Rajasthan on Wheels are Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan, Sawai, Madhopur, Chittaurgarh, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur and Agra. The cabins of this train has been divided in two categories namely Deluxe Saloon or the extra ordinary suite and Super Deluxe Saloon or the Bravia Suite.
The extra ordinary suite features elegant furnishings that are made purely from silk. The cabins have been decorated with some of the well known jewels or precious stones such as Pearls, Ruby and Sapphire. The saloons have been designed thematically so as to offer beautiful ambience to the passengers. The Bravia suite on the other hand offers complete comfort of a royal suite. The furniture’s are elegantly designed to add further sophistication.
Every suite in this train has personal onboard entertainment system, channel Music, satellite television and many more. The train has thirteen coaches including a spa car, pantry car, bar and lounges. It even got a gym and also has the Wi-Fi facility as well. Business center and a conference car are also available on this train. The coaches of this train have been named after some of the famous royal monuments such as Hawa Mahal, Jogi Mahal, Umaid Palace, Kishori Mahal and Lalgarh Palace. The super deluxe coach has been named Taj Mahal.
The Royal Rajasthan On Wheels,Eight Day’s Itinerary and Four Day’s Golden Traingle Itinerary
The Royal Rajasthan On Wheels : it is yet another royal way to explore the gradeur of Rajasthan.
- The newly built train is inspired by the ‘Palace on Wheels’ and has 13 splendid saloons named agter the famous palaces of Rajasthan like Hawa Mahal, Chandra Mahal, Surya Mahal, Moti Mahal, Sukh Mahal, Jal Mahal, Padmini Mahal, Kishori Mhal, Phool, Mahal, Jogi mahal, Kumbha Palace, Umaid Palace, Lalgarh Palace.
- The Super-Deluxe coach is Taj Mahal. The traditional coaches are studded with modem amenities and there is also a Business centre, Board Room and Fitness Centre. The guests are enthralled by the high degree of hospitality.
Eight Day’s Itinerary :
- Day 1(sun.) Departure from Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station ;
- Day 2 Jaipur- visit to Albeet hall , Hawa Mahal , City Palace, Jantar mantar, Elephant ride and Amber Fort. Shopping and Jaipur by Night Tour-Jai Mahal palave;
- Day 3 Sawai Madhopu- visit Ranthambhore National Park/Chittaurgarh- visit Fort;
- Day4 Udaipur- visit Sahelion Ki Bari, City palace and Crystal Gallery etc;
- Day 5 Jaisalmer – visit Gadsisar Lake, Fort, Havelies and City and Kuldhara, sam dunes and camel ride;
- Day 6 jodhpur – visit Meharangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada and Umaid Bhawan Palace;
- Day 7 Bharatpur- visit Keola Deo National par/Agra-visit Agra Fort,Taj Mahal, shopping;
- Day-8 Back to Delhi.
Four Day’s Golden Traingle Itinerary :
- Day 1 Departure from Delhi sagdarjung Railway Station;
- Day 2 Jaipur- visit Albert Hall, Hawa Mahal, City Palace Jantar Mantar, Amber Fort, Shopping;
- Day 3 Bhartatpur- Visit Bird Sanctuary; Fatehpur Sikri and Agra- Visit Taj Mahal and Shopping;
- Day 4 Back to Delhi