The Regional Institute of Technology (RIT), Jamshedpur was started in 1960 in the state of Bihar. Now the institute lies in the State of Jharkhand, known for its mines and mineral resources.On 27th December, 2002, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India renamed the institution as National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jamshedpur and bestows it the status of Deemed University.
NIT Jamshedpur Admission Procedure:
Admission to the undergraduate programs is based on the rank obtained in the All India Engineering Entrance Examination [AIEEE] conducted by the Central Board Of Secondary Education (C B S E ) New Delhi.
NIT Jamshedpur Eligibility:
• The minimum academic qualification for admission through AIEEE is a pass in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination.
• The number of attempts which the candidate can avail at All India Engineering/Architecture Entrance Examination shall be limited to 03(three) uniformly for all the candidates in consecutive years.
NIT Jamshedpur Courses & Seats Offered :
B.Tech ( Hons.)- 460 Seats in the following branches respectively ;
- Civil Engg – 70
- Computer Sci Engg. – 71
- Electrical Engg – 71
- Electronics Engg – 70
- Mechanical Engg- 72
- Met engg and Material Sci – 70
- Production and management Engg - 36
NIT Jamshedpur Fees:
Total Rs. 20,850/- (annual)
Rs. 730/- other fee one time
NIT Jamshedpur Placements:
The T&P Department of the Institute provided facilities to different companies to conduct campus recruitment Interview and Written tests for the final year students of B.Tech(Hons) of various disciplines.
L&T H- ENGG
B L Kashyap
NIT Jamshedpur Hostel:
Boys Hostel - 4 Nos of 60 rooms each 3 seated.
- - 3 Nos of 125 rooms each single seated
- - 1 No of 134 rooms single seated
- - 1 No of 300 rooms single seated
Girls Hostel - 2 nos of 45 rooms each double seated.
Total capacity 1709 .
NIT Jamshedpur Contacts:-
National Institute of Technology
Jamshedpur - 831 014
Ph: 0657-3092899, 2373392 (O)
Fax: 0657-2373246 / 2373510
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com