Rajdhani and Shatabdi express are the two super fast fully air-conditioned trains of the Indian railway. The train offers fast and elegant services to the passengers since these trains are mostly boarded by the VIP’s or rich people. These trains are considered to be the flagship trains of the Indian railway.
The lunch and dinner menus of these trains are of two types. One is the vegetarian menu while the other one is the non-vegetarian menu. People are first asked by the railway staff about the choice of their meals and then the meal of their choice is served to them.
The vegetarian meal consists of:
• Soup course in which tomato or vegetable soup are offered to the passengers. Along with the soup, soup stick and butter chiplet is offered.
• The main course consists of pulao dish that is made from Basmati rice and a Dal dish.
• In a vegetarian menu the things that are offered to the passengers is a preparation that is made from paneer, which is also known as the cheese from the southern Asia. Paneer preparation are favorite among the Indian people and for this reason, a paneer item has been added in the vegetarian menu.
• The Non-vegetarian menu mainly consists of a chicken dish or preparation mainly chicken curry, curd, plain roti or parathas, salad and a small sachet of pickle.
• Along with the lunch, desert course is also offered to the passengers, in which they are offered ice cream or gulab jamun. Napkin, tissue paper and toothpicks are also offered along with this.
These are the lunch and dinner menus of Rajdhani and Shatabdi express. Similar menu is also offered to the passengers of Duranto Express, which is a newly added super fast train.