The Domicile certificate is the document that is issued by the state or the Union Territory to prove that the person is resident or domicile of that particular state.Where is Domicile Certificate Used?
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in educational institutes
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in Government Services
- Wherever the proof of residence in the state is needed
Application for the Domicile CertificateThe applicant can get prescribed forms online or from one of the following offices
- The Sub-Divisional Magistrate
- Tehsil office
- Revenue Department Office
- Office of District Collector
- Any other authority that is specified in the State or Union Territory
What do you need to apply for a Domicile Certificate?You will need following documents if you want to apply for a Domicile Certificate
- Proof that you have been resident of the state for minimum period that is specified by the state.
- Proof that you are an owner of land in that state
- Valid identification proof
- School certificates
- Tehsil inquiry report
The women who are married to a person of another stated, who is domicile of that state, can also apply for obtaining the domicile certificate of that state. However any person men or women can have only one domicile certificate. To have more than one domicile certificate is a legal and punishable offense.