Eligibility criteriaThe students before applying this course must go through the eligibility criteria.
- The students must have Graduation Degree in any stream from any recognized university of India.
- Some institutions are there they demand first class or higher second class mark in Graduation level
- The students must have good skill in English and other local language.
- They must be able to make stories or news very nicely and comprehensively.
Admission testMany institutions held admission test to take the best students for their college. Hence, the students must prepare very nicely to crack the admission test.
- The admission test based on General Knowledge and English writing skill
- Some institutions also set their questions on journalism and print media and on other papers of the subject.
- The duration of Diploma in Mass Communication is One year. However, the students must see the detail of the duration from respective college or institution’s website.
- The whole course divided into several half yearly semesters.
- The students have to know various parts of Journalism like History of Journalism, Code and ethic of Print media, Report writing, News writing and collecting, proof reading, different types of interviews, press conference and many other things.
- The students have to study Communication, Mass Communication, Print Media, Electronic Media, Advertising and Public Relations. This is the basic structure and there may be changes or it may vary from one institution to another.
- The students have theoretical and practical papers in the course.
- The students can also pursue advance Diploma or Master’s Degree in Journalism in higher education.
What types of jobs are waiting for the fresh diploma holders at present?Let us see the jobs that the diploma holders will get after competition of the course.
- After competition of the course, the students will get different types jobs in various media industry.
- News reporting,
- News editing
- News writing,
- Advertisement jobs in many ad agencies
- Content writing services in many companies.
Remuneration and Salary
The companies give best remuneration to the appropriate candidates. The candidates must have a good academic record throughout their career.
Experienced candidates given preference by many companies.
The best colleges to pursue the Diploma in Mass Communication:
- IIMC, New Delhi
Phone No - 91-011-26109268/60940/60
Courses Offered: Post-graduate Diploma in Journalism (English and Hindi), Radio & Television Journalism and Advertising & Public Relations.
- Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai
Phone No - (91-22) 262 1366/1639/2877
Courses Offered: Journalism & Mass Communication, Public Relations & Corporate Communications, Advertising & Marketing, Digital Animation and Television & Video Production.
- International School of Business and Media (ISB&M)
Survey No. 32/2, Ashok Plaza
Next to Weikfield Company
Nagar Road, Pune - 411014
Tel: 020-67212444 / 26633444
Website : www.isbm.edu.in
Courses offered : Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in Media management, Advertisement, Public Relations, Event and Corporate Communication, TV & Radio production, Broadcast and Journalism
- Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
Phone No - 020 - 25652303 / 25660972
Courses Offered: MBA in Communication Management (Advertising, Public Relations. Masters in Mass Communication (Journalism and T.V and Radio Production)
- Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
Phone No - 91-44-28418254/55, 28526227/49
Courses Offered: The Masters Degree course includes Reporting, Writing, and Editing, Modern Issues in Journalism, History of the Media, Law of Media.
- Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad
Phone No - 2717-237946-51
Courses Offered: Executive Diploma Programme in Media Management.
Certificate Programme in Managing Integrated Media, Retail Communications, Crafting Creative Comm and Visual Merchandising. Post Graduate Programme in Communications Management and Entrepreneurship (PGP CME)
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
Phone No - 91 - 020- 25431817 / 25433016 / 25430017
Courses Offered: Direction, Acting, Cinematography, Art Direction and Production Design, Audiography, Animation and Computer Graphics, Editing, Feature Film Screenplay Writing.
- AJ Kidwai Mass Comm Research Centre, Jamia, New Delhi
Phone No - +91(11)26981717
Courses Offered: Ph.D and M.A. in Mass Communication. Post Graduate Diploma in Development Communication, Journalism and Broadcast System Maintenance.
- Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam
Phone No - +91-481-2300851
Courses Offered: Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism.
- Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore
Pone No - 91-80-28437907 / 7903
Courses Offered: The Post-graduate programmes offer courses on Reporting and Writing for Radio and Television, Ethical and Legal Issues in Journalism, Advanced Media Concentration and Business and Financial Reporting.
- Times School of Journalism, New Delhi
Times Centre for Media Studies, Darya Ganj, New Delhi
Courses Offered: Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism