Diploma courses are meant for the candidates who have passed their 10th exams and want to enter the working field directly.
About the Course
Usually, the diploma courses are of three years duration. Corresponding diploma courses are for the candidates who could not continue their studies further and are engaged in some jobs. Unlike fulltime courses, Correspondence Diploma courses are meant for the working personals who can study after their job hours.
The eligibility criteria for the applicant to take admission in the correspondence courses are:
(1) Applicant must have 10th pass certificate with the minimum cut off percentage as required by the university.
(2) Applicant must have a valid rank card of the respective competitive exams.
Types of Diploma Courses
The following diploma courses are available for a candidate::
1. Diploma courses in culture and tourism.
2. Diploma in applied electronics.
3. Diploma in apparel merchanding and marketing.
4. Diploma in communication engineering.
5. Diploma in basic web technology.
6. Diploma in chemical process, instrumentation and Control.
7. Diploma in communicative English.
8. Diploma in computer application.
9. Diploma in computer hardware maintenance and network technology.
10. Diploma in computer programming.
11. Diploma in computer office mgt.
12. Diploma in general electronics.
13. Diploma in industrial electronics.
14. Diploma in industrial hygiene
15. Diploma in journalism.
Today there is huge demand of diploma holders in the technical world. Many companies, either core companies or non core companies, pay equal interest in diploma holders. Some of the core companies are BHEL, ONGC, DVC, SAIL and CCL etc. Some of the non-core companies are Infosys, Wipro, ICICI bank NESCOM etc. also have a huge demand for diploma holder
The fee structure is different for different colleges an also depends on the type of course chosen. The fee structure is updated almost every year. The detail of the fee structure is available on the university websites.
Some of the universities offering correspondence diploma courses are:
Acharya Patashala Polytechnic, Bangalore, (Karnataka)
P.C. Roy Polytechnic, Jadavpur, (West Bengal)
Adarsha Polytechnic, Bangalore, (Karnataka)
Al Kabir Polytechnic, Mango Jamshedpur, (Bihar)
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
Al-Huda Polytechnic, Nellore, (Andhra Pradesh)
Delhi College of Engineering (DCE)
Amar Giri Polytechnic, Bangalore, (Karnataka)
A E & C S Pavan Polytechnic, Kolar, (Karnataka