Procedure to Register of Birth,
Procedure for registration of birth in DelhiThe procedure for registration in Delhi that should be done within 21 days depends on the place where the birth took place.
- If the birth took place in hospital, maternity home or such health care institute than the registration can be done under Medical Officer Incharge.
- If the birth took place in jail then name can be registered under Jail Incharge
- If birth took place in dharamshala or boarding house then the registration can be under person incharge.
- if found in deserted area then headman of the village can register the birth.
Procedure for applying birth certificate in Delhi
- The birth certificate in Delhi is issued by MCD, NDMC and Delhi Cantonment Board within 7 days after the proof of registration of birth is provided.
- After the registration process gets completed. The application will be given single copy of birth certification in free of cost.
- The additional copy of birth certificate in provided with the payment of Rs 5/-.
- This certificate is being from the registration centers of local bodies.
Procedure for applying birth certificate online in Delhi
- The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) is authorized to provide online birth certificate by providing all the service.
- Applicants will be provided with certificate through online and also applicant can pay the fees through online.
- To get the birth certificate through online one has to get registered in www.mcdonline.gov.in and then after confirming your registration through its data and getting the authorization slip from hospital, candidate can fill the form.
- After completing the procedure, MCD will develop e-Approval software enabling the application for certificate.
One can get all the information by visiting the MCD website. This is the only online website offering birth certificate in Delhi